Drains happen to be installed to remove water from the roof, which has fallen in the form of precipitation. Such a system helps protect the roof, walls, and foundation from excess moisture. You can install this structure yourself, and if you have the necessary skills and the knowledge.
What gutter materials are used?
For the gutter manufacture, you might use a variety of materials:
- Plastic is the cheapest option;
- Galvanized iron is also an inexpensive option. It can be painted or polymer-coated (like other metal gutters), which extends its life and increases cost;
- Copper – durable, but also expensive;
- Aluminum is lightweight and paintable;
- Concrete – is used mainly for the part of the ground, which drains water from the walls and foundation;
- Ceramic – it happens to be the most durable;
The foremost system fundamentals
The drainage structure of any home contains the coming modules:
Channel. Fixed flat with a slight slope on the outer sides of the roof slope. It can have, if necessary, rotating corner elements. It is in him that the water flows from the ceiling.
Trumpet. Mounts vertically. This element used to receive water from the gutters by the diagonal elbow and roof gutter drain funnel and happens to be discharged downward.
Drain the knee. Adheres to the bottom of the pipe and removes water from the walls and foundation of the house;
Drain the funnel. It happens to receive water from the gutter and goes to the pipe. It happens to be usually equipped with a special screen to prevent debris from entering the pipe.
Fixing elements. With the help of its channels and pipes, they are attached to the building. They are used for gutters and pipes.
Other auxiliary elements. Numerous sealants as well as connecting elements, tees, plugs, contours.
Want to find out more? Click here!